The holiday season can be a joyous time that brings families together. Why not take the opportunity to get to know your relatives a little better? Who knows, it might even prevent the annual argument about politics!
Here are a few topic ideas to get the discussion started.
- What's your earliest childhood memory?
- What kinds of things did you and your siblings do together?
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
- What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
- How did you and your spouse meet?
- How did you know he/she was the one?
- What is your advice for staying together?
- What was your favorite part about raising your children?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
- What is the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome?
- What has been the greatest joy of your life thus far?
Consider recording or filming the answers or the stories your loved ones have to tell (with their permission of course). This way you will always have a special recording or video of them to cherish forever. On behalf of our funeral home, we wish your family a safe and happy holiday season.